Para a versão em português, clique aqui
Para la versión en español, haga clic aquí
Pour la version française, cliquez ici
للنسخة العربية اضغط هن
I hope you had a wonderful Easter remembering all that our Lord has done for us in going to the cross and rising again on the third day. This great act of sacrificial love opened the way to fellowship with the Trinity. Edward de Kam reminds us this month that we can sit at the “table of the Lord” in prayer. What a great privilege we have in being able to cast all our cares upon Him.
International Prayer Director
Some suggestions for this month’s Global Day of Prayer and Fasting
- Watch Edward’s video.
- What encouraged you from this video? What challenged you?
- Read Revelation 3:20, 1 Peter 5:6-7, 1 John 5:13-15. Highlight what stands out to you in these verses.
- You might like to join in with this song.
- Reflect: What kind of conversations do you have around a table as you share a meal with your family or friends? Do you feel like the Lord wants to have the same kind of conversations with you or do you feel like it is inappropriate to talk to the Lord in this way?
- Reflect: Do you have some kind of picture or object that draws you in to fellowship with the Lord? If not, consider if there may be something that may help you enter into a time of communion. (You may be just fine, but if you want to try something fresh, you may give it a go.)
- What do you need to bring to the table of the Lord? Imagine Jesus inviting you to eat with Him. As you sit with Him at the table, what questions do you hear Him asking you? Speak to Him about what’s on your heart.
- Do you have a daily rhythm of prayer or time with the Lord? Pastor and author, Tyler Staton, writes that a daily rhythm, which may be considered boring by some, demonstrates our fidelity to the Lord. You may like to listen to his talk from the 24/7 Prayer gathering in Belfast in English or Spanish, or check out his book “Praying Like Monks, Living Like Fools.”
- If you haven’t already, download the Lectio 365 app from Google Play or the App Store. You can listen to or read the daily prayer devotionals.
- As always, pray for the salvation of lost young people you are reaching out to in your area, and that young Christians will stand firm and be bold in proclaiming the good news of Jesus to their friends.
- Continue to ask the Lord of the harvest to send out more harvest workers. Pray particularly for the need for workers in your Youth for Christ ministry.
Click the link below for a video transcript in that language: