ONE MINUTE – EVERY DAY – PRAY
“This year, this minute – pray for lost young people”
• “Lord, Open their mind.”
God not only opened their hearts to attend to what He said but He removed the veil from the eyes of their minds and gave them an understanding of the sacred writings. This shows the necessity of the special illumination of the Spirit and the influence of God’s grace to remove the darkness of the mind and give the true sense of the sacred writings.
Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures (Luke 24:45).
an exercise in hope
“While I breathe, I hope”
As I collect my thoughts this morning, I am reminded that even though I had eight hours of undisturbed rest, the enemy didn’t sleep! Ah but greater than this is the truth that our God didn’t either!
He will not let your foot be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber.
Is it possible to spend a minute re-reading this verse? Pause and let its truth saturate your being.
Did you know that “this verse is part of the pilgrim psalm sung by the people of Israel as they neared Jerusalem for one of the major pilgrimage feasts. As they took their final steps toward the temple, they celebrated and sang of God’s faithful protection from harm.”
Are you aware that His watchful eye is upon you every minute of every day? Not a second goes by where His glance is distracted by other things. He “careth” for you (1 Peter 5:7).
“Calling on God as Father stirs God’s heart more than any title, and brings with it the idea that we are children, which stirs his heart again.
Now through your mercy implant in our hearts a comforting trust in your fatherly love, and let us experience the sweet and pleasant savor of a childlike certainty that we may joyfully call you Father, knowing and loving you and calling on you in every trouble.” Martin Luther
FOCUSED PRAYER FOR LEADERSHIP
The Word of God is the revealed WILL of GOD. When we give a voice to the WORD of GOD in prayer, we release the WILL of GOD to be accomplished. Ann Framer
Give voice to the Word of God in prayer for the well-being of our leaders:
Deliberate (marked by careful consideration)
“If sheep do not have the constant care of a shepherd, they will go the wrong way, unaware of the dangers at hand. They have been known to nibble themselves right off the side of a mountain. And so, because sheep are sheep, they need shepherds to care for them. The welfare of sheep depends solely upon the care they get from their shepherd. Therefore, the better the shepherd, the healthier the sheep.” Kay Arthur
Meditate (to reflect on)
Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood. I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. So be on your guard!
Acts 20:17, 28-29; 31 (NIV)
Supplicate (To make a humble entreaty to; beseech God)
In agreement with God’s word, pray for the International Board Members: Sam Wolgemuth, Alfred Mc Donald, Dean Rueckert, Maarten van Helden, Gunnar Lie, Abraham Mantey, David Wraight; Field Representatives: Marcelo Gualberto da Silva, Americas, Alfons Hildebrandt, EMENA, Jean Baptiste Mugarura, Africa, Peter Halder, Asia Pacific and for the World Leadership Team Members: David Wraight, President, Larry Williams, Director of Ministry, Hilary Lewis-Nicol, Africa AD, Geordon Rendle, Americas AD, Neil O’Boyle, Asia Pacific AD, John Duncan, EMENA AD, John Bastian, CFO, Linda Stershic, Director of Prayer, Pieter Verhoeven, COO, (Add your leader’s name):
We declare -
• That our leaders will be of holy courage and resolution in their work;
• That our leaders appointment as overseers is the Holy Ghost’s making;
• That our leaders know that they “took not this honour to themselves, nor was it conferred upon them by any prince or potentate, but the Holy Ghost in them qualified them for and enriched them to, this great undertaking”;
• That our leaders must “not only take heed to their own souls, but must have a constant regard to the souls of those who are under their charge”;
• That our leaders watch as shepherds watch over their flocks by night; must not give way to spiritual sloth and slumber; must watch against every thing that will be hurtful to the flock, must watch for any thing that will be advantageous to them”.
We ask -
Lord, give us leaders that would be known by their stern resolve to be on guard always over the flock to whom the Holy Spirit has given charge such that it would be to Your glory.
BECAUSE HE ANSWERS
TO ALL WHO PRAYED FOR LARRY WILLIAMS, VP Corporate Affairs, Denver Office
RE: Larry Williams’ Medical Update
After a trying time at the hospital, the doctors believe that Larry’s recent health issue and hospital stay was due to a combination of atrial fibrillation and flutter, and medications taken for sleep and kidney stone issues. The combination of these 3 things caused him to experience very low blood pressure, which caused him to pass out.
Saturday Update: Larry was able to pass the kidney stone and will not need surgery which was scheduled for tomorrow.
TO ALL WHO PRAYED FOR AJITH’S RETREAT
From Ajith, (Sensitive Nation) Teaching Director
“I would like to ask your prayers for an exciting retreat that I will be helping with on 4-6 April. A few youth leaders of one of our large denominations have been visiting me over the years because of a desire for revival in the youth work in their churches. I kept telling them that they should look for like-minded people who are united in their passion for seeing the glory of God revealed in their church and that this group should pray and work together. Well, it seems that God has raised such a group. With the blessing of the head of the denomination we are going for this retreat to sit under the Word (Acts 1) and pray for God’s leading. Please pray that God would meet us in a clear, sanctifying and passion-building way.”
ANSWER: “It was a lovely time. 22 people eager to learn from the Lord. We spent about four and a half hours studying Acts 1 – prerequisites for a deep work of God. They spent a lot of time alone with the Lord trying to apply what they learned to their lives and discussing what that means to them as a group. I pray the momentum would continue.”
MATTERS FOR PRAYER
Theme: Boldness in Evangelism
Dates: Friday 19th September – Friday 26th September, 2014
Location: Bangkok, Thailand, Wangree Resort and Conference Centre
Mission Trips –
• Thai YFC will be sending a rough budget for their mission trip programs hopefully in the coming week. They are planning one trip with hill tribes in the north and one near Bangkok.
• Singapore YFC is also planning a sport camp (basketball) after GA. We are still awaiting information and budgets for all these potential trips
• There have been numbers coming in of people interested. We are depending quite a bit on the large groups from Singapore and Thailand. There has been progress in creating the database/registration and we are waiting to see actual registrations.
• We need a document for YFC to assist in obtaining visas. Ohh is working with TYFC and the gov’t offices to find a solution. There is also an issue for transportation/parking that needs to be sorted and Ohh is working on this.
RE: Pioneering new nation for YFC
• We are looking for a new permanent apartment. Please ask with us for something that will meet the needs of the whole family.
• We arrived at our destination a week ago. As you can imagine the whole family is tired and a little stretched. Peace and understanding would be appreciated. Especially for Ezekiel as there is so much to get used to.
Honor the king (I Peter 2:17),