ONE MINUTE – EVERY DAY – PRAY
“This year, this minute – pray for lost young people”
Pray that God would deliver them from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of His dear Son.
For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves (Colossians 1:13).
Or maybe -
Pray that God would grant genuine repentance.
But unless you repent, you too will all perish (Luke 13:1-3).
an exercise in hope
“While I breathe, I hope”
After reading of Zac’s death, I wanted to scream “Senseless!” yet I know God is never senseless nor is He random.
Zac Young, a 19-year-old intern with YFC Australia, was tragically killed by a shark while surfing yesterday. Zac was a dynamic young leader with a deep love for Jesus and a passion for sharing his faith and serving and caring for other young people.
One of his mates who pulled him from the water and tried to save his life was quoted as saying:
“He passed away peacefully, no pain and with his last words to me being, ‘I love you brother’; then he began to pray, ‘Please God my Lord and Savior help protect my friends and help me through this time of need’; he then went unconscious.”
A devout Christian, Mr. Young often posted what he described as “life’s tips” on his Facebook page.
“God is calling each of us to impact the nations and make history. My prayer is that you find out what your calling is. Make it your vision and go for it”, he said.
A few days earlier, he posted another life tip: “Stop looking at what you don’t have and start thanking God for what you do have.”
What can calm the senseless chatter? I took to the Scriptures and then read some quotes I saved from the book The Knowledge of the Holy, A.W. Tozer:
“God is love and God is sovereign. His love disposes Him to desire our everlasting welfare and His sovereignty enables Him to secure it.”
“All God’s acts are done in perfect wisdom, first for His own glory, and then for the highest good of the greatest number for the longest time. And all His acts are as pure as they are wise, and as good as they are wise and pure. Not only could His acts not be better done: a better way to do them could not be imagined. An infinitely wise God must work in a manner not to be improved upon by finite creatures.”
“Were there even one datum of knowledge, however small, un-known to God, His rule would break down at that point. To be Lord over all the creation, He must possess all knowledge. And were God lacking one infinitesimal modicum of power, that lack would end His reign and undo His kingdom; that one stray atom of power would belong to someone else and God would be a limited ruler and hence not sovereign. Furthermore, His sovereignty requires that He be absolutely free, which means simply that He must be free to do whatever He wills to do anywhere at any time to carry out His eternal purpose in every single detail without interference. Were He less than free He must be less than sovereign.”
“Mercy is an attribute of God, an infinite and inexhaustible energy within the divine nature which disposes God to be actively compassionate.”
“God’s holiness is not simply the best we know infinitely bettered. We know nothing like the divine holiness. It stands apart, unique, unapproachable, incomprehensible and unattainable. The natural man is blind to it. He may fear God’s power and admire His wisdom, but His holiness he cannot even imagine.”
One last from another author -
“God is near, yet transcendent; clothed in human form, yet holy; more terrifying than can be imagined, yet compassionate; invisible, yet revealed; judging, yet merciful; sovereign, yet humble.” Skip Moen
What shall I do -
Let senselessness bow to Truth.
Now my soul a sure answer -
The LORD has established His throne in the heavens; And His sovereignty rules over all. Psalm 104:19
FOCUSED PRAYER FOR LEADERSHIP
The Word of God is the revealed WILL of GOD. When we give a voice to the WORD of GOD in prayer, we release the WILL of GOD to be accomplished. Ann Framer
Give voice to the Word of God in prayer for the well-being of our leaders:
Deliberate (marked by careful consideration)
“Encouragement is the oxygen of the soul.” John Maxwell
Meditate (to reflect on)
That is, that we may be mutually strengthened and encouraged and comforted by each other’s faith, both yours and mine.
Romans 1:12 AMP
Supplicate (To make a humble entreaty to; beseech God)
In agreement with God’s word, pray for the International Board Members: Sam Wolgemuth, Alfred Mc Donald, Dean Rueckert, Maarten van Helden, Gunnar Lie, Abraham Mantey, David Wraight; Field Representatives: Fernando Trivino, Americas, Alfons Hildebrandt, EMENA, Jean Baptiste Mugarura, Africa, Peter Halder, Asia Pacific and for the World Leadership Team Members: David Wraight, President, Larry Williams, Director of Ministry, Hilary Lewis-Nicol, Africa AD, Geordon Rendle, Americas AD and President Elect, Neil O’Boyle, Asia Pacific AD, John Duncan, EMENA AD, John Bastian, CFO, Linda Stershic, Director of Prayer, Pieter Verhoeven, COO, (Add your leader’s name):
We declare (agreeing with God’s Word) -
• That our leaders would rejoice in the expressions of one another’s love;
• That our leaders gain strength, encouragement and comfort through the communication of one another’s faith.
We ask -
Lord, give us leaders that would be known by their mutual work of faith, which is love, such that it would be to Your glory.
MATTERS FOR PRAYER
From Bill Dean
Praise & Prayer
This week we praise Him for:
• the opportunity to present what God is doing in and through YFC to well over 800 friends at 6 unique “Stories” gatherings over the past 3 weeks
• Olivet student Casey Nugent, who joins the YFC staff team to lead the outreach at Momence Junior High School
• many others considering how they might become part of the YFC team by praying, giving, or serving
Please join us in prayer for:
• maximum participation of 150 students and leaders for the upcoming Winter BASH high school outreach Dec. 6-8 in Lake Geneva, WI
• the sale of the Wheaton office building, which would enable us to move to a more cost-effective and mission advancing location
Theme: Boldness in Evangelism
Dates: Friday 19th September – Friday 26th September, 2014
Where: Bangkok, Thailand, Wangree Resort and Conference Centre
• Pray for Maher el-Hajj (Lebanon), one of our Young Leader Speakers, as he prepares his message for GA.
• Pray for the filling of some key roles for GA 2014, which include:
o Interpretation Coordinator
o Late Night Program Coordinator
o Small Group Coordinator
• Pray for Steven Schultheis, our GA 2014 Program Director, as he continues to put together the GA Program Team.
From Alfons Hildebrandt, ND
• Alfons is happy to be able to move his arm again without having to carry the cushion which has previously stabilized his arm. Everything seems to heal well after the operation.
• The number of users profiting from “youthload” our youth data base has risen another 50%.
• We were able to get excellent coverage in the Christian media when we recently introduced our “Lifeliner” truck officially.
• All our staff is happy that a new and big capacity server was installed. Before it took ages for the individual computers to access certain files. Now we are just a click away from whatever we are searching. We are also happy for all the donations we received to cover the costs.
• A good income in gifts during the months of December and January.
• Claudia is working on the building project and requesting quotes from different companies. We need good offers.
• We also need a lot of clarity for our building project in general. At the next Board Meeting 12/7 we will need to come to a conclusion. In the meantime we discovered additional cost items.
• Sale of a piece of land YFC owns.
• Successful recruitment of the new iThemba Teams in South Africa for 2014.
• Healing of Alfons’ shoulder. He is undergoing a lot of physiotherapy which is quite challenging. It’s shocking how fast muscles diminish if not used.
• A good PR for our “Lifeliner” truck. Alfons will continue to pursue some influential contacts.
• Claudia is working on the totality of our individual budgets for the different departments.
• A new Area Director for YFC Europe/Middle East/North Africa.
Honor the king (I Peter 2:17),