PRAY & PRAISE
Praise for the YFC ministry in Burundi!
Today, December 15, 2014, was a great day for Gitega International Academy (a YFC school) and a day of rejoicing for the whole YFC family.
This morning at 11:00am, was the deliberation session to choose the best student’s poem from all the Gitega high schools, including Gitega International Academy (GIA).
- The organizer was The American Embassy via the American Corner in Gitega.
- GIA student, Miss Keren Korineza, from Grade 10B, was named first in the competition. Her poem was “I have a Vision”. It is about peace in the world. Over 100 candidates were present.
- The guest of honour was Her Excellence the Ambassador of the USA in Burundi.
- Also present were the Burundian Minister of Youth, Sport and Culture, the Governor of Gitega Province, and many others.
- The theme of the day was Martin Luther Memorial Poetry.
Micah 2:3Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the House of the God of Jacob; He will teach us His ways, and we shall walk in His paths.
When we come home to God, He WILL teach us His ways and we SHALL walk in His paths. This is sweet assurance. All homeward roads to God are upwards – He is the High Road. We are shown the way, (how then shall we live) and we are shown the map (where then shall we walk). Thrillingly, these young people in Burundi are being taught about home. So many young people in our world today are not necessarily “houseless”, but they are certainly “homeless”. A house becomes a home where there is teaching and leading. Youth for Christ in Burundi embraces these teenagers, pointing them upwards, to the mountain of the Lord. The YFC school teaches excellence, godliness, and celebrates the fact that adults – a US Ambassador, a Burundi Minister of Government, their teachers, their parents – are longing to hear from them, from their hearts, through their gifts. Let’s go with them, up, always up, together.